Sun: Effortless Cure for Mind and Body

La luce del sole: conosciamola meglio - Benvenuto Sole!
Photo Credit: Google Image

by Bianca Cataldo

May 8, 2020

Mens sana in corpore sano“, a healthy mind in a healthy body. We all know there is a correlation between the health of our body and our well-being. This is why sport is considered a blessing for both mental and physical health. However, sport requires a certain level of effort. Can we be healthier without significant effort? Yes, sun is the answer.

Sun is life and the benefits sun exposure gives are countless for both our mind and our body. As shown by various scientific studies conducted on the argument, the sun represents a real natural medicine for everyone. It is considered a real treatment that cures or prevents osteoporosis (disease that makes the bones more porous and fragile) and that guarantees healthy skin as well as an enhancement in the mood and energy of a person.

CORPORE SANO

The sun, in fact, activates vitamin D, essential for the absorption of calcium in the bones, and so for their fortification. Most of the beneficial effects of solar radiation are mediated via UVB; several human skin diseases, like psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic dermatitis etc, can be treated with solar radiation. In addition, UV generates nitric oxide (NO) which can improve cardiovascular health. We don’t even need to say that sun exposure promotes muscle relaxation and mobility of the joints.

“MENS SANA”

Sun enhances energy and improves mood; through the activity of neurotransmitters, the immune system‘s defenses increase. Sun exposure is demonstrated to reduce stress and to regulate biological rhythms.

HOW TO SUNBATHE STAYING HOME?

In this period, sun can help us staying both physically and mentally healthy! In normal conditions, an half hour walk would be sufficient to satisfy this need. Now, we need to get organized to sunbathe.

If you have a backyard, you should take a moment to relax and sunbathe, while drinking something or reading, and why not, maybe while doing some physical exercises! If you have a balcony, that’s the moment to use it! Last, if you don’t have these spaces, you can open the window when the sunlight filters directly through it and get some fresh air. It is important to do this everyday. Always remember to protect yourself with sunscreen and to not exaggerate with sun exposure because, in that case, sun becomes damaging.

Take moments to relax and regenerate, this will help you feeling happier and being healthier in this period!