Why did you wait?

Thursday November 14, a student at Morton College was arrested after officers found weapons in his vehicle and later at his house.

by Bianca Cataldo

Nov. 18, 2019

Thursday, a witness reported to the Morton College Police Department seeing weapons in a car parked close to the school (in between Central Ave and 39th Street)

Inside of A.G.’s car there were two semi-automatic rifles and four handguns, one of them was a 9 mm handgun, another one was a 200 loose hallow-point.

The police department has proceeded a search of his house and found a dozen other weapons and more than 3000 rounds of ammunition and weapon accessories.

The young man was arrested in his class.

It’s so strange to think how this whole situation has been concealed by Morton College until Monday.

In fact, Monday November 18, some students protested at 10:30 a.m. against the school, which kept a such important information from the students “Why didn’t you tell us?”

The students were not informed until Monday, but in its defense the police department explains that it was a policy matter.

The sudden reported information is all that is available at this time, the college police department explained that “for the moment, we can’t say anything because the case is still pending”

“The police department handled it, and we are safe.”

It is true that there are no proofs that A.G. would have committed an act of violence toward the students or the public.

Rather, we must take in consideration the fact that in the US it is too easy to own weapons and even easier to obtain a valid conceal carry license!