Welcome to the New Collegian

800px-relation_aller_fuernemmen_und_gedenckwuerdigen_historien_1609

I’m happy to announce, as the Faculty Advisor to the Morton Collegian, the launch of this website, which has been a semester-in-the-making. Creating it has been a labor of love. Now Morton College has its own 100% student-run online journal.

Writing for a student paper can be a lot of fun. At the Collegian, it will be an experience in contemporary media. I encourage all students interested in joining our staff to please contact the editor-in-chief. Likewise, I encourage students who simply want to function as occasional contributors to contact the editor.

What are we looking for? The mission of the Morton Collegian is to give students a voice. We are interested in your concerns, tastes, observations, interests, opinions and experiences. As we grow and expand, we hope to review books and film, music and art, as we also profile students, faculty and staff. We are also interested in articles about alumni, or personal essays written by alumni of the college.

When you read articles you like or the kind that give a voice to your concerns, we hope you will share them with your friends on social media. We also hope that you add the Collegian to your online reading lists. It will be the place to turn when you want Morton news.

Photo of Carolus’ “Relation”, the first newspaper, from Wikipedia