2020 Authentic Resolutions

Image result for target pic hd tumblr
Photo Credit: Google Image

“For a new year to bring you something new, make a move, like a butterfly tearing its cocoon! Make a move!” the Turkish writer Mehmet Murat Ildan said that and it means so much. Thanks to the holiday period, the beginning of the new year usually makes us feel energetic and ready to change. Then, let’s make this move!

by Bianca Cataldo

Jan. 8, 2020

It will not be a new year, if nothing new happens in our lives, right? New Year’s resolutions are a tradition where people set goals trying to improve their lives. Everyone has new goals, but in the end, few are the people that reach them!

Along the way, it seems that the target is moving away, rather than getting closer. Our actions seem unnecessary, and even counterproductive. This is the point where we just let go. We give up and fall into our routines. But why? Probably because the goal that we set for ourselves, wasn’t really ours.

In fact, when we think about New Year’s resolutions, almost everyone wants to “go to the gym”, “get fit”, “go on a diet”, “be rich”…”boost motivation”, and so on.

How is it possible that everyone has the same exact goals to achieve? Maybe because these targets are not personal. They are not something that we want to achieve, rather something that society wants us to achieve.

Well, no one is going to fight for something they don’t truly want. That’s why people let go. So, make sure that your 2020 resolutions are authentic.

When you set yourself a goal, consider if the needs you want to satisfy and the motivations behind your actions are really yours. Ask yourself if you are moving to achieve something that you really want. If so, you will not fail, you will not give up because that crave and motivation will come from within.

Think about a passion that you have, or something that is missing in your life, think about your feelings, your sensations, your life, you balance,listen to yourself.

What do you want to improve, what do you really want to change, or add to your life? Does it have a value for you? Do you need this in your life, would it make you feel satisfied? If so, make your move to reach it!

Good luck!