Upcoming events will bring over 20 Universities and Colleges to Morton Campus

university-2119707

By Marcela Ruiz

Morton College will be hosting two events on campus for students who plan to transfer this fall.

The Annual Private Colleges and Universities Fair will take place Tuesday, March 14th from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. For students who are interested in transferring to a private college, this is a great opportunity to speak to representatives about their options. These colleges are members of the Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU). This organization partners with community colleges to grant a minimum of two scholarships every term. The application is available on their website www.picuonline.org/scholarships.

University Day will take place Wednesday, March 29th from 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. Students who have more than 15 credits and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above will be eligible to receive free official transcripts. Students must RSVP before March 22nd, in order to qualify to pick up their transcripts the day of the event. Universities will also be waiving application fees. These fees usually cost $60 or more. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested to save on transferring costs.

Students who have not yet made an appointment to meet with their advisor regarding their graduation petition, should do it before the deadline on April 1st.